Embracing the futurewith AFSA's Next Generation
As the economy rebounds, construction companies expect to see many employees set retirement plans in motion. Couple that with fewer people turning to construction careers, and what’s left amounts to a skilled craft professional shortage of two million workers expected by 2014, according to the Associated Builders and Contractors.
Recognizing this looming need, industry groups such as the American Fire Sprinkler Association are taking steps to develop tomorrow’s leaders.
AFSA’s Next Generation offers networking and educational events and provides resources to help the next generation of leaders excel within our industry and compliments AFSA chapters by providing them with resources to engage their young professional members.
What’s it all about?
Are you 40 and under and want to meet others in your age group active in the fire sprinkler industry? Is your company a member of AFSA? If so, you will want to participate in AFSA’s Next Generation group. AFSA’s Next Generation includes younger people involved in the fire sprinkler industry who are in any kind of leadership or management position (or are being prepared for leadership positions) and want to be active in AFSA National and Chapter activities. NextGen members typically include people in mid- to upper-management, such as estimators, project managers and company owners or those being prepared for management positions.
How do I get involved?
Be a part of AFSA’s forward thinking group of young professionals Next Generation. Unite to grow your voice while being connected to a diverse array of young professionals. Next Gen also helps to cultivate these future leaders and provide them with opportunities for making connections and developing their careers so that they can help shape the future of the AFSA and the fire sprinkler industry at large.
What’s in it for me (or my employees)?
- Network: Connect with like-minded young professionals and up-and-coming leaders from across the country at networking opportunities designed to help members develop their professional network.
- Advance: With its educational resources such as seminars, Next Generation equips its members with the essential knowledge to bring back to the office and improve their work.
- Mentor: Mix and mingle with seasoned business professionals who’ve been there and can share their take on valuable lessons learned.
- Learn: Enhance professional development at various young professional-focused events and programs, both at the national and chapter level.
- Give Back: This program encourages members to always think about how they can use their skills to give back in their community.